Workshop on Enhancing the Implementation of AML/CFT Preventive Measures in the Banking System
Time & Location
About the Workshop
This Workshop is intended for Senior Management of Banks and ODTI. This includes compliance officers, customer service relationship managers and staff responsible for reporting the STR and CTR.
Attendance in the Workshop is by invitation only.
The Workshop aims to discuss the implementation of the recently adopted AML/CFT preventive measures framework - the Central Bank Instruction no 5/2017 of 25 August on Customer Identification, Record-Keeping, and Transaction Report.
This half-day Workshop will cover following topics:
- Senior Management Responsibility
- Risk-Based Approach
- Know Your Customer
- Effective Reporting
- High Standard on Screening and Training
- Evidence of Compliance
The Workshop will be divided into three Sessions:
- Session 1: Introduction - covers the general requirements and new obligations applicable to banks and ODTI.
- Session 2: Know Your Customer - covers detail discussions on the CDD processes including obligation on correspondence banking and wire transafer
- Session 3: Transaction Reporting - cover the detail framework on the reporting regime particularly introducing the new platform provided by BCTL to banks to report Cash Transactions.
Registration will be closed on 7 February 2017. It is therefore important to note that only registered participants will be sent the Workshop materials. Place are limited thus early registration is encouraged.
Inquiry about details of the Workshop should be directed to Mr. Jose Ximenes or Mr. Atanasio Xavier of the Gabinete Anti-Brankeamentu ba Kapitál at firstname.lastname@example.org.